Therapy is a collaborative process between the client and therapist. Therapy cannot be successful with the clients’ hard work, energy and courage. We utilizes a variety of counselling approaches such as cognitive behavior therapy, solution-focused counselling, narrative therapy, expressive arts therapy (which include art therapy, sand tray, and music), group therapy, and family therapy. In all, the tools are guides clients use on the journey towards healing. The therapist is the witness to the healing, and supporter along the way.
Nicole Perryman provides psychotherapy and short-term employment assistance program counselling through multiple programs.
Short-term counselling features:
- 1 to 6 session model
- assesses a particular issue
- provides solution-focused and problem solving information
- goal focused
- learn strategies to cope with stress, anxiety, grief and loss
- offered by most company benefit plans
Nicole is an experienced social worker and psychotherapist who has worked in the social services field since 2002. In 2007, Nicole began her counselling career specializing with children and youth, and extending to adults and couples in 2013. Please see highlights of her counselling experiences and training listed below. For a complete resume, click on the link at the end of the page.
- (2013 to Present) -Clinical Director & Social Worker for Aset Group Consulting and Counselling Services
- (2013- 2017)- Intensive Support and Specialist Program for Durham Family Court Clinic
- (2014)- Clinician/Service Coordinator (Contract) for Turning Point Youth Services
- (2013-2014)- Adult Counselor (Contract) for Durham Rape Crisis Center
- (2013- 2014)- Play Therapist (Contract) for Regesh Child and Family Services
- (2007- 2013)-Child and Family Therapist for Branching Out Enhanced Therapeutic Services Inc.
February 12, 2016 –Mindfulness and Acceptance with Families and Children: Focusing on Treating Trauma, ADHD and Depression in Children and Teens –Diane Gehart PhD, LMFT; April 27-29, 2015- Family Group Conferencing Training – George Hull Center (30 hours); May 9-10, 2014- Holistic Arts Healing Conference- workshops included Facilitating Diverse Groups (special emphasis on LGBTQQ community), Emotion-focused Therapy, and Sandplay Therapy . September 19-21, 2013- Theraplay Level 2– Lorie Walton (24 hours); April 25-June 5, 2012- Trauma Assessment and Treatment Certificate (40hrs)- Geraldine Crisci September 20-23, 2011-Theraplay Level 1 (24hrs)– Lorie Walton November 5-6, 2010- Child Parent Relationship Therapy: A Research Based 10-Session Filial Therapy Model (14 hrs)– Dr. Garry Landreth and City of Hope Counseling Center; June 15, 2010- Ethics Part 3 (6hrs)– Dr. Nancy Riedel-Bowers and CACPT; May to June 21, 2008- Trauma Specialist Training- National Institute for Trauma and Loss in Children; May 28-June 8, 2007- Intermediate Play Therapy Certificate Program Level II-Canadian Association for Child and Play Therapy; May 15-May 26, 2006- Introductory Play Therapy Certificate Program Level 1-Canadian Association for Child and Play Therapy