Nicole Perryman, M.A.,MSW, RSW
Therapy is a collaborative process between the client and therapist. Therapy cannot be successful with the clients’ hard work, energy and courage. We utilizes a variety of counselling approaches such as cognitive behavior therapy, solution-focused counselling, narrative therapy, expressive arts therapy (which include art therapy, sand tray, and music), group therapy, and family therapy. In all, the tools are guides clients use on the journey towards healing. The therapist is the witness to the healing, and supporter along the way.
Nicole Perryman provides psychotherapy and short-term employment assistance program counselling through multiple programs. Nicole is an experienced social worker and psychotherapist who has worked in the social services field since 2002. In 2007, Nicole began her counselling career specializing with children and youth, and extending to adults and couples in 2013. In 2013, Nicole developed Aset Group Consulting and Counselling Services. Aset Group is currently a robust organization that provides services in Pickering, ON. In 2018, Nicole developed Ifarada: Centre for Excellence and Determination which is a non-for-profit organization serving equity seeking individuals and families. And, in 2019, Nicole started a grassroots organization designed to support families in Durham Region with community resources, educational workshops, and support groups.
- Client-centered & strength-based
- 1 to 6 session model with Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program across the region
- Clinical assessment using tools to suggest possible coping strategies & recommendations
- Proposing solution-focused and problem solving information, to address immediate challenges.
- Guiding individuals, couples & families to develop goals for change
- Reinforce and learn strategies to cope with stress, anxiety, grief and loss, and other life difficulties
- Coverage provided by most company benefit plans
- (2013 to Present) -Clinical Director & Social Worker for Aset Group Consulting and Counselling Services
- (2013- 2017)- Intensive Support and Specialist Program for Durham Family Court Clinic
- (2014)- Clinician/Service Coordinator (Contract) for Turning Point Youth Services
- (2013-2014)- Adult Counselor (Contract) for Durham Rape Crisis Center
- (2013- 2014)- Play Therapist (Contract) for Regesh Child and Family Services
- (2007- 2013)-Child and Family Therapist for Branching Out Enhanced Therapeutic Services Inc.
Mental wellness interventions helps to address: feelings of anxiety or depression, grief and loss, trauma, post traumatic stress, and mental health conditions. In-session meetings with therapists will identify symptoms, triggers, behaviors, thinking patterns and feelings which create and maintain distress. By suggesting coping strategies, alternative ways of managing distresses, and expanding thinking patterns, to assist clients create healthier life balances, reduce symptoms of distress, experience greater joy, and improve well-being.
Nicole specializes in providing psychotherapy and counselling services to adults, children & youth, couples, and families. She has experience providing trauma related services in critical incidences, with individuals experience violence in their families or communities, survivors of crime, sexual abuse, and other related traumas. She is a Play Therapist, certified by a national body and specializing in therapy to children and youth. Nicole practices using an anti-oppressive, strength-based and holistic approach. Nicole embraces community members from equity-seeking groups and actively services and designs supports specific for Black, Indigenous and South Asian individuals, families and couples.
Articles & Research
This section is on the process in your journey. Self-love is part of the life journey. Self-love begins at birth and culminates to our last breath. We demonstrate self-love through … Continue reading Loving Yourself: Generating self-love