Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate, our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.M. Williamson
We provide services in equity development, leadership and community capacity building.
Equity services & training is in high demand! Systemic barriers which exist in social services, such as education, employment services, police & criminal justice system, child welfare and fostering agencies have led to disadvantages to Black, Indigenous and racialized community members. Organizations that support individuals, families and youth require an expert subject matter leader and equity trainers to help them shift into a progressive, responsive and equitable services. The disadvantages inherent in these organizations take a tremendous toil on families and community members. It is imperative for organizations to take the necessary steps to develop inclusion and equity. We are here to help!
Our consultation services will guide your organization to:
- equity initiatives & shifting organizational culture
- learning sessions with staff and leadership
- employment equity & consultation on human resource practices
- cultural inclusive programs and services for service users
- therapeutic and treatment intervention for service users using a culturally-informed approach
- and policy development to fit with equity principles.
Currently, we provide equity training through a major association only. If you are interested in equity training, contact us for more information on how to make a referral.
Seeking to align your organization, policies and procedures and organizational culture with equity principles and initiatives consult us for a complete package. Our consultation services include: focus groups with staff teams, leadership and board of directors and service providers, review of diversity and inclusion policies, and detailed documented plan your organization can initiate. We can also provide training and support to leadership teams and staff.
If the world is your “oyster” and your vision is expansive, you can seize the opportunity to succeed. When barriers exist due to race, gender, religion, and finances, seek support to guide your way.Nicole Perryman, M.A., MSW, RSW
As a consulting company, we seek to support organizations and our community in promoting equity, inclusion of diverse interventions, and enhancing service delivery. Ifarada: Centre for Excellence is our premiere non for profit organization is designed to create equitable, culturally-informed, and client centered approaches to addressing mental health and community wellness.
Every story came from a dream…
Our future goals for consulting include:
- Developing grassroots organizations focused on addressing equity issues
- Hosting semi-annual holistic wellness training and fairs for professionals, families and community members
- Creating annual wellness retreats for our identified populations
- Continued engagement in community events and programs
Inspiring leaders, Empowering change.
Past Projects and Speaking Events
- (2018) Panel Member for Congress of Black Women (Ajax/Pickering) Black History Month discussion
- (2017-2018) Project Manager for Community Inclusivity Equity Council of York Region (CIECYR) and Blue Hills Child and Family Services, Equity Provincial Facilitator and Leadership Project. Developed the CIECYR Equity Institute and supported the development of the Courageous Leadership Course.
- (2017) Completed the Community Capacity Assessment for Indigenous Community Agencies in Five Regions.
- (2016) Congress of Black Women- Ajax-Pickering Chapter- Committee Member
- (2015) Student-Led Conference @ Dalla Lana School of Public Health –University of Toronto- Abstract Submission–Improving Outcomes for African-Canadian Youth in Child Welfare
- (2015) Panel Moderator (Law Union Conference) – Topic: Over representation of Black youth in school disciplinary programs, child welfare and youth justice.
- (2015-2017) One Vision One Voice- September 2015 to January 2017- Steering Committee member to develop practice framework for Black youth in care.
- (2015, 2016) Excellence Conference– The Excellence conference is a program for African-Canadian youth to connect with and meet with African-Canadian mentors and leaders within a variety of professions.